Last Updated: March 2012
Find A Financial Planner is committed to protecting your privacy. We will not sell, trade or rent your personal information. All communication from us will be useful, relevant and aimed at helping you. You may unsubscribe at any time.
Your Personal Information
Personal information held by Find A Financial Planner may include your name, current addresses, telephone/mobile number, e-mail address, bank account or credit card details, preferences for using our websites, web log, computer and connection information, occupation, and your Find A Financial Planner password. We also hold details of your services, including their status, as well as certain details about your personal interests.
Personal information is collected by Find A Financial Planner to, among other things; enable us to provide you with the products and services you have requested and to assist us improve our products and services. If you choose not to provide personal information, we may not be able to provide you with the products and services you require, or a high level of service.
How we use your personal information
Your personal information may be used in order to:
- assist you to subscribe to our products and services;
- provide our products and services, including referring you to third-party financial planning service providers;
- administer and manage those products and services, including charging, billing and collecting debts;
- respond to any queries or feedback you may have;
- inform you of ways the products and services provided to you could be improved;
- prevent and detect any misuse of, or fraudulent activities involving our websites;
- research and develop our products and services;
- gain an understanding of your information and communication needs or obtain your feedback or views about our services in order for us to provide you with a better service;
- maintain and develop our business systems and infrastructure, including testing and upgrading of these systems.
When we disclose your personal information
In order to deliver the services you require or for the purposes set out above, We may disclose your personal information to organisations outside Find A Financial Planner. Your personal information is disclosed to these organisations only in relation to providing services to our customers. These organisations may carry out:
- customer service;
- mailing systems;
- billing functions;
- information technology services;
- market research; and
- website usage analysis.
We takes reasonable steps to ensure that these organisations are bound by confidentiality and privacy obligations in relation to the protection of your personal information.
In addition, we may disclose your personal information to:
- financial planners matched with you as part of our services (when requested by you to do so);
- our related companies;
- our professional advisers, including our accountants, auditors and lawyers;
- government and regulatory authorities and other organisations, as required or authorised by law;
- organisations who manage our business and corporate strategies, including those involved in a transfer/sale of all or part of our assets or business (including accounts and trade receivables) and those involved in managing our corporate risk and funding functions.
We may use ‘cookies’ on our websites. Cookies are an industry standard and most major websites use them. A cookie is a small text file that our websites may place on your computer. Usually, cookies are used as a means for websites to remember your preferences. As such, cookies are designed to improve your experience of the websites you visit.
In some cases, cookies may collect and store personal information about you. We extend the same privacy protection to your personal information, whether gathered via cookies or from other sources. Most internet browsers are pre-set to accept cookies; however you can adjust your Internet browser to disable cookies or to warn you when cookies are being used. However, if you disable cookies, you may not be able to access certain areas of our websites or take advantage of the improved website experience that cookies offer.
We may also collect Internet Protocol (IP) addresses. IP addresses are assigned to computers on the internet to uniquely identify them within the global network.We collect and manages IP addresses as part of the service of providing internet session management and for security purposes. We may also collect and use web log, computer and connection information for data tracking and security purposes and to help prevent and detect any misuse of, or fraudulent activities involving Our websites.
We may use third parties to analyse usage statistics on our websites. Such analysis is performed using data collected from our websites. The technology used by the third parties is not intended to collect personally identifiable information. In some limited circumstances, some personally identifiable information is collected, for example, when an email address is incorporated into a URL string. Personally identifiable information collected in this way is not used by the third party or Find A Financial Planner for any purpose.
Third party sites
You may click-through to third party sites from our sites in which case we recommend that you refer to the privacy statement of the sites you visit. We assumes no responsibility for information and content of third party sites.
You can access your personal information
You have a right to access your personal information, subject to some exceptions allowed by law. If you would like to do so, please let us know. You may be required to put your request in writing for security reasons.
We reserve the right to charge a fee for searching for, and providing access to, your information.